Monday, December 30, 2013

New Years Resolution #1

Daniel and I sat down and created a list of items we wanted to work on for the New Year.  We set personal goals and family goals.  As we read through our goals we decided on 3 personal goals and 3 family goals.  We are both so excited about our goals and what they will mean for our little family.

The first goal we had was to have regular Family Home Evening Nights.  We wanted to have one night a week that not only brought us closer together, but closer to God as well.  For those of you who know me well, know that I struggle with regular church attendance among other things, but I couldn't deny the power of Family Home Evenings.  Some of my strongest memories growing up were the make shift family home evenings we had.  I remember my Dad putting together a game out of a card board box, singing hymns with my siblings, praying together and trying not to laugh as someone inevitably let gas loose in the middle of our prayer.

So here is to our first resolution.  Cheers!


No comments: